Beginning at age 12, Kiersten was fortunate enough to have a coach who focused daily on ensuring she was not only training to improve running speed and endurance, but also keeping herself and her team injury free through a variety of body-weight strength and core exercises. She truly believes this is a main reason why her team continued to run strong season-to-season, and year-to-year injury free, while other teams were plagued with injuries and set-backs. Running-specific strength work remained an integral component of her training through college and to today, and she has no doubts it has made her a stronger, and subsequently, a faster runner. Kiersten believes a running training program is incomplete without strength work, which is why custom plans from RunYourDays coaches include strength and core work specifically designed to keep you balanced and strong in all planes of motions.
What you can expect from your coach at RunYourDays:
- Initial phone consultation to get to know one another and take the first steps into diving into your training journey
- Access to your own private running calendar via The Run S.M.A.R.T. Project to receive your workouts and provide interactive feedback between coach and athlete
- Weekly updated workouts that match your fitness abilities which allow flexibility due to aspects of life
- Communication via text, phone, email
- Specialized weekly running strength and core workouts aimed at keeping you running healthy and strong for a lifetime
Kiersten’s Run Your Days coaching team currently consists of herself and teammate, friend and avid runner, Ellen.
As an avid athlete, the spirit of sport and the dedication needed to excel at any physical level captivates Kiersten. During her first undergraduate exercise science class things ‘clicked’, leading to pursuing a masters degree in Kinesiology. She has found a niche in combining her love of sport with her intense curiosity of the science of the human body, and use these clinically to help others persevere and achieve their health and fitness goals – from basic daily living to those of the athlete.
- M.S. in Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Exercise Physiologist
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- Functional Movement Systems, Level 1
- Certified USA Track and Field Coach, Level 1
Ellen is an avid runner and experienced endurance athlete. She’s been running since grade school both competitively and for enjoyment. She ran her first half marathon in 2009 and has been hooked on distance racing ever since. Her biggest accomplishment is being a 3 time Boston Marathon finisher. She coached a Boston Marathon training program for two seasons and enjoys guiding runners to accomplish their goals.
Ellen is a strong believer in every workout and every mile, no matter hard or how far, each one making you a better athlete and overall person. Being an endurance athlete is technically considered an individual sport. However, the passion and positivity is grown from the community you surround yourself with – a community which Ellen creates with her energizing spirit, listening ear and encouraging word. No dream or journey is a solo endeavor and Ellen is ready to coach you to your next finish line!
Training all runners – from those looking to lace up their shoes and complete their first race to the seasoned marathoner looking to set a new personal record or qualify for the Boston – and every athlete in between.